Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Fire 3/30/2015. Lunch with the Luyon family 4/1/2015

Things are getting dry here. We did not expect that here in the Philippinies.
Things started happening just as soon as we got into the office Monday morning. Later in the day we noticed smoke out side. I went out to see what was going on. The open area behind the mission office was on fire. We had a few anxious moments before we realized it would not reach us. I did think I was going to be a firefighter for a while. Maybe I could use my tie to beat out the flames. 




The next day, the area was still smoking.

The goat (can not see real well) did not seem to mind. 


Wednesday, April 1, 2015, we were invited to lunch along with other missionaries to the Luyon family. They are some of the pioneers here in the Philippines. Brother Luyon is an engininger. He work out of the country and can only come home every few months. This is something many Phillipinos do. He was just released as a Brench President in the area where he works. 
What a great lunch.



These are wonderful people. There are many wonderful people here. I really like the people of this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment