Saturday, March 28, 2015

Transfer 3/25/15, Then Manila 3/27/15, Then Tanza 3/28/15.

Transfers happen every 6 weeks. March 25 was transfer day for us. A lot of what we do is to prepare for the transfer. Missionaries are moving around, missionaries are going home because their mission is over and new missionaries are arriving at the mission. So getting everyone where they need to go when they need to be there with what they need to have when they get there is a big part of what we all do. I did not get many photos transfer day. Too much going on. It is a very busy day for everyone. 

Our new missionaries with President and Sister Tye. All are from the Philippines except one.

The missionaries are always glad to see each other. When they do get together they sort of forget about taking care of business in the excitement of it all. Some times things get left behind, like suitcases. It all works out in the end. Next transfer, May 6th. Already working on it.

Friday, March 27th, Sister Petersen and I went to the Manila Temple, the Manila MTC, and the LDS Distrbution Cencer in Manila. We needed to take care of some business at each place.

More photos of the Temple area.

This is a beautiful Temple. And right now, it is our Temple.

This last photo was taken from the MTC Manila area. It is also where the Area Offices are located as well as the LDS Distrabution center.

We met some of the missionaries who were staying here at the MTC. One little Sister was from Las Vegas, maybe Ryan's Stake. I did not write her name down. I was sure I would remember it. We also met two very impressive Elders, one from Austraila and the other from New Zealand. Can not remember their names either. I have been told that I have something wrong with my memory, but I do not remember what it was.

Tomorrow, Sunday March 29th we, along with two other Senior Missionary couples,  will be doing a fireside for the members of the two branches that neet in this building. We came here today to help prepare for this fireside. I am excited to do this.

The following are some photos of some people from this area. 

Washing cloths by hand. From the amount of cloths hanging in her yard, I think this woman does this washing to earn money. We were told that she spends many hours doing this.  I respect this people for their work ethics. 
The young missionaries also wash their cloths this way, by hand. Us older missionaries have washing machines. Very greatful for that.
I thing I might get one of these "washing machines" shone in the photo for each of my granddaughters. Just thinking.

Some of the local missionaries.

Sometimes in the morning we can smell smoke. I know the farmers burn the fields. This Could be what we are smelling. Or, it could be burning trash.

Watering by hand. We are in the dry season. There has not been much rain since we arived in the Philippines. That will change soon, or so I am told. The people work very hard to earn a living. Again, I respect them for this. 

Two of our families sent a photo of their family along with a testimony. These were attached to the front of books that will be handed out in the fireside. Thank you for doing this.

Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment